Uneven skin colour, wrinkles and skin roughness are some of the most common skin problems worldwide. They can tamper with a person’s confidence if not dealt with appropriately. That is what the producers of Tretinoin Cream had in mind. Read more
Wrinkles form due to reduction in the amount of collagen fibres. Skin roughness is caused by a myriad of lifestyle choices including choice of soaps, dietary choices and overexposure to sun among others. Uneven skin tone occurs when melanin is overproduced in the body. This can be due to exposure to the sun, hormones or previous scarring.
Tretinoin cream is made up of different ingredients that work together to improve your skin.
- Tretinoin: This component activates new collagen formation in photo damaged skins helping mitigate fine wrinkles as well as improve discolored skin. It smoothens rough skin. Tretinoin Cream for acne helps the outer skin layer grow faster which deters formation of any acne lesions and quickens the healing of any acne that may occur.
- Butylated hydroxytoluene: This is useful for its antioxidant properties
- Isopropyl myristate: This facilitates good absorption by the skin.
- Polyoxyl (40) stearate: This component is used as the emulsifier
- Purified water
- Sorbic acid: This is a natural, organic preservative
- Stearic acid: it is used to produce a pearly effect in the cream
- Stearyl alcohol: this is the thickening agent and moisturizer
- Xanthan gum: this is used as the stabilizer
How Tretinoin Cream works
Tretinoin belongs to the retinoid class of medications. Its operative mechanism is by affecting growth of new cells.
For Tretinoin cream to be effective, it should used alongside a daily skin care and sunlight avoidance program. This ensures further damage to the skin by the sun is eluded while the cream works on the prior damage. The mandatory support products are sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 15 to hinder further sun damage to the skin and a moisturizer to avoid skin dryness.
Tretinoin 0.05 Cream is a prescription medicine which reduces skin roughness, decreases fine lines and wrinkles and improves skin colour. It can also be used to treat acne but only if so prescribed by a qualified physician.
Tretinoin over the counter is available nowadays in the form of Tretinoin Topical for acne treatment. It is good however to seek as much information as possible before buying the drug as there are many precautions to be taken like avoiding some other medication and so on.
Tretinoin is also available in generic forms.
- It helps mitigate fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen growth.
- It improves hyper pigmented skin through the growth of new skin cells.
- It reduces skin roughness leaving the user with a soft smooth face.
- It helps treat acne if so prescribed by a qualified physician.
- One might experience some side effects ranging from; redness of the skin, slight stinging, itching, skin dryness, scaling of skin to brief warmth after application. The effects usually reduce with continued use but if they persist you should consult a physician
- During the first two to four weeks of use, acne might first worsen before it gets better.
Tretinoin should be avoided in case of pregnancy or potential planned pregnancy, use of photo sensitizer drugs and severely sunburnt skin. Contact with eyes, ears, nose, open wounds and mouth should be avoided. If contact occurs, immediately rinse with water. Overdosing should also be avoided.
Before application, the face should be washed with a mild soap using one’s fingers then patted dry. One should wait twenty minutes to ensure dryness before applying Tretinoin cream.
Tretinoin Cream Reviews have brought to light some of its successes and failures as far as customers are concerned.
Review by Alexis Moore:
For Acne: “My experience with Tretinoin Cream, USP .025%, has been awesome! I’m a 16 year old who started, from breaking out every day, black spots on my face everywhere, extreme cystic acne, I felt terrible. In fact, I even cried at one point at how horrible my skin was. It seemed as if everyone noticed. I remember one girl even referring to me as “spotted bump face,” in which case she proceeded to laugh, making a joke off of my insecurities. NOW 3 months later my face is absolutely smooth, I rarely ever wear makeup, my spots are barely visible, and the acne? IT’S GONE! It’s like a miracle. I recommend anyone to stick it out!”
Reviewed on January 13, 2015
“Tretinoin was prescribed to me after Clindamycin which did absolutely nothing. Started with Tretinoin 0.025% and then bumped up to 0.1% and still nothing. I think it’s not worth it”.
Used correctly according to instruction and persistently, Tretinoin cream might just be what you need.